Chiropractic Care For Work Injuries with Your Grand Rapids Chiropractor
Millions of people suffer workplace injuries every year. If you’re injured at work, this can impair quality of life in a wide range of areas. In addition to being unable to perform your usual duties at work, you’ll likely be hindered in your personal life.
Workplace injuries can occur in a number of different categories and areas. The following are 10 of the most common types of workplace injuries:
- Overexertion Injuries. This is the most common workplace injury category. It can occur while lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling something as part of your job duties.
- Tripping/Slipping and Falling. Falls due to slipping or tripping hazards in the workplace are another common cause of workplace injury. The back and spine can be thrown out of alignment, and other injuries such as lacerations can result.
- Falling. Falling from a height or an unsecure structure can also cause a serious injury on some job sites.
- Reaction Injuries. This injury type refers to tripping without actually falling. The result can be muscle injuries, spinal misalignments, ruptured discs and other traumas to the musculoskeletal structure.
- Falling Objects. Getting hit by a falling object injures many persons in the workplace each year. Wearing the appropriate protective gear is crucial in keeping safe.
- Walking Into Something. This type of injury refers to when someone accidentally walks or runs into something like a wall, cabinet, etc. Head, neck, knee and foot injuries are possible.
- Company Vehicle Accidents. Auto accidents in company vehicles are another all too common worker injury.
- Becoming Caught in Machinery. This occurs when clothing, fingers, hair or even a limb is caught in company machinery or heavy equipment.
- Repetitive Motion Strain. This refers to carpal tunnel syndrome and other tendon and muscle strains due to repetitive use.
- Workplace Assaults. Lastly, some work injuries are caused by physical attacks from another worker.
Chiropractic care can help with work injury rehabilitation for many of these injury types. A great number of them have misalignments of the spine or joints as components. After an initial consultation, your personal injury chiropractor in Grand Rapids can bring you work injury treatment that addresses the issue at the root. You’ll feel pain relief quickly as your problem is addressed and healed.
Depending upon the nature of your injury, workplace injuries can benefit from different treatment types, including:
- Chiropractic adjustment
- Spinal decompression
- Premier clinic & rehabilitation services
- Physical therapy
- Ergonomics coaching
- Fitness/nutrition counseling
Grand Rapids chiropractor Dr. Matthew Phinney of The Chiropractic Doctors believes in the power of chiropractic care for eliminating pain, providing preventative care and promoting ongoing wellness. The Chiropractic Doctors has been in business for more than 35 years. The goal is restoring health and quality of life after an injury.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Grand Rapids Chiropractor
If you have experienced work injuries, count on Grand Rapids chiropractor The Chiropractic Doctors for premier injury treatment. We’re your experienced personal injury chiropractor in Grand Rapids, and we look forward to assisting you. Call (616) 432-3103 today.